- This event has passed.
Heritage Festival & Craft Show 2019
September 21, 2019 @ 10:00 am - September 22, 2019 @ 5:00 pmFree
This year marks the 42nd Heritage Festival and Craft Show
Saturday & Sunday, September 21 & 22, 2019 10 am – 5 pm
Historic Nifong Park, 3700 Ponderosa St. (Hwy 63 S & AC/Grindstone Parkway exit west)
For weather-related cancellations, please call our hotline at 573-874-7663. Heritage Festival features tons of fun and informative activities for all ages:
- Traditional tradesmen & artisans demonstrating “lost arts”
Live entertainment on three stages a variety of genres including Celtic, Blues, Cajun, Folk, Western, Bluegrass, traditional storytellers and magicians.
- Cowboys with their chuckwagons.
- Mountain Man Camp.
- Fun for Young’uns Area (stilts, paper pumpkins, milk the “cow,” rope making, candle dipping, candy in the haystack, hayrides, and much more!)
- Handmade craft show including over 70 vendors
- Saturday evening ghost stories from 8-9:30 pm
- Tours of Walters-Boone County Museum, Maplewood House and Village at Boone Junction
- Great food, including local food trucks and festival favorites like funnel cakes and turkey legs!
Visitors will be taken back to the traditions of the past. Listen, learn, and see history as it comes alive. See artisans and tradesmen dressed in 19th century attire demonstrating their trades and selling their wares. A large contemporary handmade craft area will also be featured.