Bear Creek Run Half Marathon
October 13 @ 6:30 am - 1:00 pm$55
Date/Time: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 8:00 am
Location: Bear Creek Trail
Start and Finish: Race starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
Length: 13.1 mile run/walk
Cost: $55 advance registration required
Registration: 300 participant cap.
Race registration closes at noon on Friday, October 12, 2018. There is NO race day registration.
Call us to quickly and easily register at 573-874-7460 (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm) or at the ARC at 573-874-7700 (extended hours 7 days a week).
The Bear Creek Run Half Marathon has quickly become a favorite race in Mid-Missouri. Runners and walkers have come to love the scenic course along the Bear Creek Trail as well as the encouraging volunteers, great race shirts, finisher medals and awards by local artists. The 13.1 mile course starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park and takes participants to Columbia’s Cosmo Park and back on 80 percent gravel trail. “Inspiration Hill” will keep runners motivated as they approach the half-way point. There are aid stations (water stops) every mile to mile-and-a-half along the well-marked course.
Bear Creek Run Registrants will receive:
- Bear Creek Run Half Marathon long sleeve performance fabric race shirt (unisex sizes) register before Sept 14 to be guaranteed a shirt size.
- Bear Creek Run finisher medal
- Post race food
- Chip timing
- Awards will be given to the first place overall male and female finishers and the first, second and third place males and females in these age groups: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over. $100 prize will be awarded to the top overall male and female finishers.
Race Schedule (subject to change):
Friday, October 12, 2018
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Packet Pick Up at the ARC, 1701 West Ash St.
Saturday, October 13, 2018
- 6:30-7:50am: Packet pick up at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
- 8:00AM: Half Marathon and Team Relay Race begins
- 10:00AM: Post-race food available
- 11:00AM: Awards
- 1:00PM: Race Course Closes