KOPN is a non-commercial, listener-supported community radio station operated by the non-profit New Wave Corporation, broadcasting to central Missouri. KOPN is committed to educating and enriching the lives of its membership and the community it serves, especially those otherwise under-represented in the commercial or other non-profit media sectors. KOPN is free from direct constraints of commercial, political, or religious interests.
KOPN serves its community by:
- Encouraging participation by all segments of the community.
- Training individuals in radio production and giving access to its facilities and airwaves for the local production of quality radio programs.
- Providing a diversity of viewpoints and musical genres through its programs that enhance the quality of life of its membership and the community at large.
- Providing a neutral forum for the discussion of issues important to its membership and the community at large.
- Fostering democracy and social justice.
- Archiving selected recorded materials acquired or produced by KOPN.
- Approved by the KOPN Board of Directors on November 15, 2005