- T. Sharif Abdul-Hakim
- Martha Daniels
- Linda Day, President
- Margot McMillen
- Diana Moxon, Vice President
- Gordon Rogers, Secretary
- Joy Rushing
- Kevin Shults
- Laura Wacker, Treasurer
Do You Want To Join The KOPN Board of Directors?
If you would like to be even more active with YOUR Community Radio Station KOPN - then a seat on the Board of Directors could be a perfect fit! Follow these steps to submit your candidacy today! For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not already, become a KOPN member for only $60/year! *You must be a KOPN Member to vote or to submit yourself as a candidate*
- Send an email with your contact information to email@example.com
- Please add a brief statement of (no more than 200 words) describing your qualifications, reasons for running, and goals as a board member.
Expectations for Board Members
- Directors typically serve three-year terms
- All Board members are expected to prepare for and attend the monthly meetings
- Access to a computer with email, audio/video capacity, and a dependable internet connection is necessary
- Board meetings are typically held the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 7-9 pm, and are generally held at the station when not held remotely by teleconference
- Board meetings are open to the public - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more specific information
Board meetings are typically held the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 7-9pm. They are typically held at the station and are open to the public. While we are still in the process of moving into and organizing our new building, meetings are being held at other locations but are still open to the public. If you wish to attend a meeting, please email email@example.com to request information about the location of that meeting.
Nine directors are elected by members of the New Wave Corporation (NWC). Directors typically serve three-year terms, with terms staggered so that three come open for election each year. Instructions for submitting materials to run for a board seat are posted on the website two months ahead of the annual meeting held in February. All board members are expected to prepare for and attend the monthly meetings. Access to a computer with email, audio/video capacity, and a dependable internet connection is necessary.
Additional directors may be appointed by the Board during the year. A member of the NWC may petition the Board in writing to become an appointed director by presenting a written request to the Board. To do that, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your contact information and a statement of 200-words or less providing your reasons for wishing to serve on the board and how you see yourself contributing to its work, and a brief background summary of relevant knowledge, skills, and experience. Such requests must be submitted at least three days prior to the next board meeting if the petitioner wishes to appear in person before the board at that meeting. Appointmented directors serve until the following election.
2023 Board Meeting Dates:
You can contact the entire board with questions, concerns, or suggestions by sending an email to email@example.com.